At SSCM, we believe that children should be empowered with skills to succeed in class, career, and life. As part of our robust curriculum, we integrate S.T.R.E.A.M. project based learning methods to engage the children to look forward to school everyday. S.T.R.E.A.M. stands for Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, and Math. Integrating S.T.R.E.A.M. with our curriculum foster skills to touch all subjects while allowing the growth of creativity, innovation, collaboration, and problem solving.
Here at SSCM, S.T.R.E.A.M. not only happens in our dedicated S.T.R.E.A.M./Technology lab but it also happens in our individual classes to ensure that project based learning is happening more than one time a week.
Some skills students learn from project based learning methods:
- Strenghten skills, knowledge, and applications related to Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, and Math
- Builds confidence and resilience in children to focus on solutions rather than problems
- Engages students to utilize problem solving methods with real world application to develop deeper learning
- Promotes creativity and artistic expression through design
- Develops the skill of digital literacy knowledge
- And more....